Monday, October 8, 2012

The "PHAN"-tom in me.

I recently fell in love with The Phantom of the Opera, since the run is ongoing here in Manila. It will end on the 14th, on which I'll watch the final show.

It's still running at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater), so go buy your tickets now! Either at the CCP Box Office or TicketWorld.

I've watched the 2004 movie version as well. Emmy Rossum and pre-Leonidas Gerard Butler were awesome. I also loved the 25th anniversary performance of the play in the Royal Albert Hall. Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo's performances were very brilliant. I wanted to have Ramin Karimloo's singing voice.

My favorite songs are the title song, "Angel of Music" and "Think of Me". Makes me want to sing opera. I kid.

Anyway, on to the meat of the post. Although I haven't watched my scheduled performance, I "interacted" with the main cast of the Manila run of the play - Jonathan Roxmouth and Claire Lyon.

Jonathan Roxmouth as The Phantom

Claire Lyon as Christine DaaƩ


Little did I know that they reply to people's posts on Facebook. They really do.

You want proof? Here:



I love how they personally reply to their fans.

And one way to meet them:



I recently discovered that you can meet them at the Stage Door, which is a little walk away from the audience entrance. I previously thought that you can't interact with them... perhaps they're tired or something. But yay to that! I also heard they make it a point to interact with their fans. I get envious actually when I see people having photo-ops with them.

Speaking of, I joined a Phantom-related promo - 2 orchestra tickets and a meet and greet with the principal cast of the play. Today would be the deadline. Fingers crossed!

For me, I'm looking forward to watching this musical play. Time to check my bucket list after watching this, since this is my first time to watch a Broadway musical.




I can't wait to see you, Angel of Music!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment