Monday, October 15, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera experience

I'm officially a "PHAN".

Yesterday was the last day of The Phantom of the Opera. I was able to watch the performance, and it was BEYOND AWESOME! From the set design, the costumes to the songs! Although there were jarring parts, I still enjoyed the musical! I wanted to cry on the last scene, but can't.

It was also my first time at the "Stage Door", where artists come in and out after every performance. I went there twice, after the matinee performance and after watching the evening performance. I actually went there early to see Claire Lyon, since it was her last performance. Jonathan Roxmouth even peeked from above for the second time, since he was not allowed to go out for make up. So we were like, "He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!"

After the evening performance, I hurriedly went down the stage door. To my surprise, a lot of people have been waiting for the actors to come out. Luckily, due to some "tactics" *wink*, I was able to have pictures with the principal actors! Plus, I met new found friends - and a schoolmate!

And I had my souvenir program autographed - I sent my program to one of the people working there to have it signed by the cast members. Not all gave their autographs, but at least I got from the four main roles.

Here are my photo-ops after the matinee performance:

With Emilie Lynn, who played Christine in the last evening performance. She's such a doll, very positive and perky!

With Jordan Pollard, who played a marksman and an understudy of Raoul. I heard his Prada bag got stolen by "salisi gang" members, but I admire his positivity. Not to mention, he's cute. You agree?

CLAIRE LYON! I love her. Sad that I wasn't able to see her sing, but I've heard her. Well, at least I have a picture with her.

With Thabiso Masemene, who played Piangi. He was so funny as Piangi. Ubaldo, andiamo!

With Andrea Creighton, who played Carlotta. She was sick, but she did a good job hitting the notes, as if she wasn't sick!


As I've said, I hurriedly went down to the stage door for my second round of photo-ops:

With Anthony Downing, who played Raoul. He's so hot. Sad that I didn't get to talk to him that much. Oh well.

OH MY GOSH, JONATHAN ROXMOUTH. Before I had a picture with him, he called me by my name BEFORE I introduced myself.

Jonathan: Alrenz! Nice to meet you!
Me: Nice to meet you too! (shakes hands) How did you even remember my name?!
Jonathan: You've been tweeting me lately. Thank you so much!
Me: Really? Nice! Can I have a photo with you?
Jonathan: Sure!
after photo-op
Jonathan: How did you even manage to have cold hands?!
Me: (laughs)

So there you have it, my first Broadway musical play viewing and Stage Door experience.

For me, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS AWESOME and the Stage Door experience has been fun. Totally worth the wait on lines and the pushes.

2 comments:

  1. Kinilig naman ako for you when you met JONATHAN ROXMOUTH. Haha yes I'm spelling his name in all caps because HE'S THAT SPECIAL (even tho I've never seen the musical, lol someday!!)! :)

    Anna (@faultlines)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kilig talaga! I just can't get over the fact that HE CALLED ME FIRST BEFORE I INTRODUCED MYSELF... HE REMEMBERED ME. And the fact that he called my name without any struggle pronouncing it. Nakakatuwa.

    ReplyDelete